If time is a teacher, one thing we know is that apple cider vinegar
is good stuff. The Babylonians used it as a tonic in 5000 B.C. so its been around
for a while. It was also used in ancient Egypt (3000 B.C.) and by Samurai
warriors in Japan (1200 B.C.), so it's grandfathered in - doesn't need a double-blind
study to prove its effectiveness.
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) has so many uses. It ranks as one of the top natural
remedies for healing the body - from whatever ails it! It's medicinal properties begin
with the noble apple, which contains vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants -
and no fat or sodium. If the fermentation process used does not alter its nutrients,
all of the goodness of the apple can be extracted and retained, while enzymes and
organic acids are added. It's made by turning apple juice into hard cider, then
fermenting a second time, to turn it into apple cider vinegar.
It can be used as an antiseptic, and is rich in highly bio-available minerals such as
magnesium (which 80% of Americans are deficient in) and pectin. Look for raw,
unfiltered, unpasteurized, organic ACV (at a health food store, probably not most
grocery stores) to get the medicinal benefits.
Ways apple cider vinegar cures what ails you
The main way ACV cures what ails you is by restoring homeostasis to the body.
Here's a top 10 list:
1. Balances the inner ecosystem - making the internal pH more alkaline. Disease
prefers an acid environment, provided by processed food, among other things.
2. Detoxs the body - cleanse your body and kidneys easily. In this way it cures
3. Weight loss - breaks down fat.
4. Cures allergies - pet, food, environmental.
5. Cures sinus infections, headaches, sore throats, and flu.
6. Clears acne, contact dermatitis, warts, varicose veins, and other skin problems.
7. Lowers high cholesterol and high blood pressure, often in a mere 2 weeks.
8. Kills Candida (and yeast infections) and fungus, and populates the gut with
friendly microflora (good bacteria and yeast). This usually stops sugar cravings
9. Used to ease arthritis, stiff joints, and gout.
10. Strengthens stomach acid to eliminate acid reflux and heartburn (because
contrary to what Big Pharma says, its weak stomach acid that causes acid reflux).
Drink daily for best results. It is often used in salad dressings, or mixed with other
juices into a drink. If you can't get past the taste, you can find it in pill form, but
you may miss out on some of the good stuff going that route. Recipes abound
online, several dating back more than a century. For example, famous Texan
Sam Houston supposedly drank a daily half-cup of a mixture of 5 parts grape
juice, 3 parts apple juice and 1 part cider vinegar.