Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are your products animal friendly?
YES! None of our products are tested on animals and we purchase our ingredients from suppliers who hold to the same standards.
2. What is the difference between Organic & Certified Organic?
Generally speaking, the term "organic" refers to an item or product that is derived from a living entity.
At KISST Organics, our definition for "organic" follows the lines of the definition for foods which are organic. KISST products are derived from a natural plant base and grown in an environment free from chemicals and additives including artificial or synthetic stimulants, fertilizers, pesticides, antibiotics and hormones.
Certified Organic is a certificate for organic products. In general, certification requires meeting a set of strict production standards for growing, storage, processing, packaging and shipping that include:
* avoidance of most synthetic chemical inputs (e.g. fertilizer, pesticides, antibiotics, additives, etc), genetically modified organisms, irradiation, and the use of sewage sludge;
* use of farmland that has been free from chemicals for a number of years (often, three or more);
* keeping detailed written production and sales records (audit trail);
* maintaining strict physical separation of organic products from non-certified products;
* under-going periodic on-site inspections. Certification is overseen by the FDA (Food & Drug Administration, a government regulatory commission.
Certified organic producers are also subject to the same agricultural, food safety and other government regulations that apply to non-certified producers.
3. Will your products make my face break out?
That depends. Any time you are changing your skin care program you can expect to see changes in your skin for the next 6 to 10 weeks. When you are changing to a natural and organic program, it will take time to rid your body of built up toxins. Once your skin is detoxified, you should not have very many problems with break outs. Keep in mind that breakouts are often due to poor diet and hormonal imbalance.
4. I have acne, will that make a difference?
Yes, it may take longer to clear up your skin but the organic products should help get your skin back to a balanced PH which will help prevent the breakouts. Consider dietary changes as well. You may find that dairy products and sugar intake adversely affect your skin. Our bodies are not designed to break down dairy products and assimilate them correctly. Dairy Products are also known to be a consideration in people who have acne problems. Sugar is a known culprit for numerous health issues including the onset of acne.
5. I have allergies. How will your products effect me?
Allergies are an unknown. Many people are allergic to one thing but not another. Your inner elbow and behind your ear are two areas that are considered to be as sensitive as the skin on your face. We always recommend that before using any product on your face, first do a patch test either behind one ear or on your inner elbow with individual items. Leave each test area for 12 to 24 hours without washing it off. If there is any irritation, i.e.. swelling, redness or itching. Wash it off immediately and do not use that product. If you find that there is no irritation, that product is probably safe for you to use. Keep in mind, you may still have a healing crisis which rids your body of toxins during the first 6 to 10 weeks of using any new product, particularly if it is natural and organic.